Wednesday 9 July 2014

Eat Clean Dinner Ideas

So I've sort of half heartedly jumped on the 'Eat Clean' bandwagon I mean as a health professional my self I strongly believe the only 'diet' that truly works is the good old healthy eating....not cutting out any foods.... everything in moderation diet... but I do sort of see the benefits of eating 'clean' so to speak. In my clean eating research I came across an ingredient called 'Quinoa' (pronounced keen-wa) and it intrigued me. A wholegrain carbohydrate food similar to cous cous but much more healthier in terms of it contains less calories, more protein and counts as a serving of wholegrain. Because my husband is a gym junkie too and conscious about his dietary protein intake I thought it would be a good staple ingredient to introduce to my household but the next question was what did I do with it!?

I decided to use mine to make 'Turkey and Quinoa Burgers' and although they were a bit tricky to make for those of us that don't have the patience to cook something intricate!

 The ingredients are as follows
  • 100g quinoa
  • 400g lean turkey mince (or lamb mince)
  • 2tsp harissa paste
  • 1tbsp tomato paste
  • 25g pine nuts
  • 1tbsp rapeseed oil
Firstly, you cook the quinoa in a pan of boiling water (like you would cook pasta) for about 20 minutes, meanwhile you combine all the other ingredients, when the quinoa is finished add that into the mixture, mould into burger shaped patties and cook by frying with a little oil until cooked throughout.

I served mine with a green salad and green veggies with some balsamic vinegar.


But for those of you that need a bit more carbs with your meal my hubby had his with pitta bread and rice!


BotN xx

No comments:

Post a Comment