Sunday 30 December 2012

Christmas Cosmetics

Hi Y'all.

Seeing as Christmas has just left us I thought I would share with you all what cosmetics Santa left me in my stocking.


First and foremost was the Urban Decay Smoked Palette. I had my eye on this for a while as being a big fan of the NAKED palettes I thought this would be a good palette to add to my collection given that both NAKED and NAKED 2 contain more neutral eye shadows which I would use for more of a day look I wanted something that gave me all the colours I needed in one place to create a dramatic smokey eye for the evening and the smoked palette does just this. Not only does it contain 10 beautiful colours but also an Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil - another product of theirs I haven't yet tried (I know I must be crazy!) For those of us that aren't make-up artists there's no need to feel overwhelmed by this palette has it also provides us with a little 'How To' guide to create a variety of smokey eye looks with their shadows! Perfect! This would be the perfect addition to any of you that do a lot of travelling, one NAKED palette, one SMOKED palette and your good to go, say goodbye to the days of carting around lots of single eye shadows!!


Next in my stocking was two lovely little shiny gold parcels from YSL, Touche Eclait (1) and YSL Volume Effect Faux Cils (Black). Now YSL is one brand I have a bit of a love / hate relationship with I have used the Touche Eclait for a few years on and off, it's one of those products I seem to get as a gift but I never rush to re purchase myself, I think it's just because it's not something I feel makes a huge difference to my make up (I'm not one for 'subtle'' changes you either notice it or you don't and sadly I don't notice this product on my face!) but it is a nice product to have in your collection and for the mean time I will continue to use it in hope that one day we will click! Next from YSL was their Volume Effect Faux Cils mascara, again a love/hate relationship, when i first get a YSL mascara I absolutely adore it and think it does wonders for lashes however after a few weeks of use I always find the brush goes 'clumpy' but yet here I am again giving it another go, I will keep you updated with this as I want to love it so much!



The third little parcel I received was two MAC brushes, the favourite 217 and the 116 brush which I use for blusher. I love MAC brushes for eyes and cheeks they really are top of their game, both brushes are amazing for applying and blending products and the 116 is the absolute perfect size for blusher (I prefer slightly smaller blush brushes so I can blend out as opposed to a huge brush that applies too much product and you end up having to tone down!). Saying that I'm not a fan of MAC face / foundation brushes (the dual fibre brush comes to mind - I find them ridiculously overpriced and have had problems with the brush hairs coming off on my face before....eugh!)


The last product Santa left was the Tom Ford Brow Sculptor (Taupe) - what a clever man Santa is! Although is product is quite expensive (£32!!!) I do find that it gives your eyebrows a more structured shape and I especially love a structured brow. Previously I had used MAC Brun eyeshadow and an angled brush to fill in my brows, do I think the TF Brow is better - yes! Would I repurchase TF? At the moment the price puts me off so I will just keep this luxury product for special occasion make up!



BotN xx

No comments:

Post a Comment