Monday 31 December 2012

Products of 2012 - Cheeks

As it's the last day of 2012 today I thought it would be a good time (i.e the last time) to finish my products of 2012 series and this post is dedicated to cheeks! For me the two cheek products I use the most is blusher and highlighter, I contour on the odd occasion but not enough for any contouring products to make it as a staple product in my make up bag.

Blusher

If any of you read my previous blog post on disappointing products you'll already know that I'm not a fan of MAC blushers as I find they give me little to no pigmentation so my search for the perfect blusher has been far and wide as I've been trying to find one which not only looks beautiful in the packaging but also on the skin and 2012 was the year i finally found 'the one' - Chanel Blush De Horizon. The down side to this product is that it was a limited edition product for their Spring Summer Collection 2012 so if I want to continue using it I'm going to have to do some research to where I can repurchase it - maybe a search on Ebay will do the trick! As you can see from the picture it looks absolutely stunning in the packaging something which immediately caught my attention but the real magic happened when I swatched this beauty on my skin and it looked just as pretty! RESULT! The blush is the perfect combination of pink & peach and even provides a bit of a highlight too (Yes that's what the white stripe is!). It is a bit on the pricey side (as are all Chanel products) however I find that they last really really well, I bought my Blush de Horizon back in March and I still haven't hit pan! Overall I ADORE this product and if your lucky enough to come across one in 2013 I'd definitely recommend grabbing it with both hands!


Highlighter

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle. Not much to say about this, it's not a new product to me, I've repurchased about a zillion times, it's a staple in my make up bag, I loved it throughout 2012 and I'm definitely taking with me throughout 2013!




BotN xx

No comments:

Post a Comment